Thursday, August 14, 2008

As I flip through the pages of an old, tattered book with people laughing behind me at my choice, I wonder what made me even pick it up. Not that I'm against Rabindranath Tagore or anything, but who would pick up a book of poetry and plays by him to feel better when your life is not exactly great. Anways, as i looked through the book i found a few one-liners and paragraphs which did seem worth a read.
I hope you enjoy it.

1.) I thought that my voyage had come to its end at the last limit of my power--that the path before me was closed, that provisions were exhausted and the time comes to take shelter in a silent obscurity.
But I find that thy will knows no end in me. And when old words die out on the tongue, new melodies break forth from the heart; and where the old tracks are lost, new country is revealed with its wonders.

2.) I am glad you will not wait for me with that lingering pity in your look. It is only the spell of the night and my farewell words, startled at their own time of despair, which bring these tears to my eyes. But day will dawn; my eyes will dry and my hear; and there will be no time for weeping.
Who says it is hard to forget?
The mercy of death works at life's core, bringing it respite from its own foolish persistence.
The stormy sea is lulled at last in its rocking cradle; the forest fire falls to sleep on its bed of ashes.
You and I shall part, and the cleavage will be hidden under living grass and flowers that laugh in the sun.

3.) The sparrow is sorry for the peacock, at the burden of its tail.

4.) In death the many becomes one; in life the one becomes many. Religion will be one when God is dead.

5.) The dust receives insult and in return offers her flowers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always told you he was good.

I can't even point that this one is better than the other, coz they are all so amazing.

Remember that time in the library when I got it issued and you and that girl from your bus were making fun of me?

Anonymous said...

P.S- I am SO surprised. YOU out of all the people? Cool.
:P

Aanchal said...

padh le moti!! that's y u were sent to lucknow in the first place!!!