Friday, October 3, 2008

ODE TO AN IRREPLACEABLE FRIEND

A little something written by a friend before I left Delhi......

Ode To An Irreplaceable Friend

You may or may not know,
But here are the facts:
Whenever you were with us, the place came alive!
All seemed well with the world and life was nice!
Oh! How time flies & I never realised.......
That one day you'll have to go and there's gonna be a goodbye!

Now that you're leaving,
And I don't know when I'll see you again....
Heyy Sistah! I want you to know one thing;
In me you'll always have a friend!

Wish I could rewind
Life and pause time!
So i could relive those days and never let go......
And never let go!
Cause' what comes ahead is incomplete, in vain!
Without you, dear friend, its never gonna be the same!

Mad and mellow, sweet and sour.....
Every moments' priceless, I'll cherish them all
And when years later, if at all
You chance upon this sheet; yellowed, dusty, tucked
In a corner with dog-eared ends!
Do stop by a sec and recall......
Some bygone time, a forgotten friend....

But I can't assure that I won't, can't ever forget!
Whenever you need me, you know where to find me!
Standing and waiting at the crossroad you left.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, you have like a million admirers!
Who ARE you?
Imran Khan?

Ok, lame.
But you know what I mean.
:P

Anki said...

lol.......nt admirer bt definitely a sweet friend.....nd ur joke was terribly lame.
btw hwz it going at da guessing ;)

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Something tells me its Kika.
But you would've mentioned if it was her. Is is someone I dont know, then?

Anki said...

omg!!! u r da second person who thnks it is Kika who has written this.....dnt have 2 guess who da frst one was....lol
sadly Kika didnt write nythng like dat 4 me......bt she definitely gave me somethngs dat made me even more glad......
keep guessing (though im sure some1 or da othr will reveal da poet)

Anonymous said...

Lol, I guessed it was her too..
but the word 'sistah' told me it wasn't.
Lol.